Tulare City Fire Training Division
The Training Division is responsible for developing and providing comprehensive fire suppression and emergency medical service instruction to all members of the Department. The Division conducts regular exercises, live fire drills, and specialized training to ensure that consistent and effective emergency services continue to be provided to the citizens and visitors of Tulare. The Division is also responsible for training all new members entering the Department.
· Evaluate the training level of individual employees
· Research, recommended and provide training in new concepts
· Plan and coordinate training with local Fire Departments
· Plan, provide, and supervise department recruit academies, sometimes jointly in collaboration with other fire departments
· Coordinate training activities with city, county and state agencies and ensure compliance with relevant standards and legal requirements·
· Maintain detailed, current records of all training conducted by the department or received elsewhere for all department personnel.
· Confined space rescue technician accredited training site which includes a 30 foot grain silo, two underground vaults, one horizontal vessel and a 20 foot well.
· 3 Story drill tower with various specialized training props
· On-site training center classroom includes state of the art AV equipment, and can accommodate up to 40 people.
· The training facility is also occupied for local community college fire academies and city law enforcement training.
New Recruit Training
Firefighter/paramedic recruits attend a six week intensive and rigorous academy conducted by the training division. The recruit academy is designed to review firefighter I, II, and technical rescue skills. Recruits are instructed by Department cadre. The cadre is composed of current members in suppression who are assigned to the academy for those six weeks. Recruits are evaluated weekly throughout the process of both written and practical skills.